1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Swype question - automatic spacing after period?

Last Updated:

1. droidros

droidros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am very impressed with Swype and just amazed that it is able to correctly guess what I am trying to type most of the time.

But I have a question. What is the correct way to add a period? It seems that when i first started using it, if I used a period it would automatically add a space and capitalize the next word. But it doesn't do that now. I get no space or capitalization and have to add the space manually.

Advertisement
  2. droidros

droidros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I found the answer. You have to swype through the period to the space. (I must have been doing that unconsciously before because it was working at one point!)

MJQX and soulfetcher13 like this.
  3. hezhonker

hezhonker Member

While Swype is an admirable input app, I have found that I prefer SwiftKey. I prefer the text prediction (meaning it predicts the next word you are going to type before you type it) it gives as well as the ability to insert a period with the space key. I am looking forward to the Tab version coming shortly. Can't wait to try it out. Just my two cents.:D

It would be great is swift key could offer a swype method in combo with the text prediction it offers. That would truly be amazing. I am surprised that neither app is offering it. Seems like a no brainer. ;)