Swype questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. bradm23

bradm23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got swype the other day and loving it. The only thing I don't know what to do is have it auto space after a period. Having to hit space is very annoying

Advertisement
  2. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member

When you hit the period, swype to the spacebar right afterwards. This works with all punctuation so you don't have to hit the symbol key. You just slide from the key to the spacebar and it will input whatever the alt key is for that option.

gidget likes this.
  3. bradm23

Oh cool thanks. Swype is very fun to use, I'm so glad I decided to download it

4. couch257

couch257 Well-Known Member

Where did you download Swype from? I looked on the market and couldn't find it

5. bradm23

Xda fourms has a post with a droid does and htc theme. You cab download the file right from your phone and install it. I went with the droid does and its incredible.

6. tomtom4

tomtom4 Member

If you have auto space turned on, then all you have to do is lift your finger off of the screen when you finish typing a word and when you begin to type the next word it will auto space for you. If you want to add a period or question mark(thats all the punctuation I use for texts)then drag your finger from period or question mark to the space bar and it will enter the symbol, auto space and capitalize the next letter. Nifty.

7. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Anyone know where the dash is on swype? Underscore is over the U but the dash is nowhere I can find.

8. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member

Same key as the comma, directly to the left of the spacebar.

FramCire likes this.
  9. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I am such an idiot. I looked everywhere for it and missed it. THANK YOU!

10. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Every time i swype the word "want" swype ALWAYS types "wasn't" ive tried hitting the S key to change it, ive tried jumping the s like the tutorial shows, but still cant get it, its anoying because its usually really accurate. I wont read my text after i type it, then i read it later and it says something like "hey wasn't to go out to dinner?" yea.... help