Swype stops working every 2-3 daysSupport

Last Updated:

1. hoya

hoya Member This Topic's Starter

With the new version, every 2-3 days my Swype keyboard stops working. I can type normally (pushing individual letters), but swyping doesn't work.

If I re-install, it will work again, but only for a few days. I always install after killing tasks/widgets like it says, but hasn't helped the longer-term problem.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I can only guess that there is an incompatibility with Swype and another app on your phone. Would have to figure out which one, probably by process of elimination.

3. hoya

Possible - I just got a replacement phone (for another issue), and it happened on the previous one as well. Gonna be hard to narrow down.

4. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

when you re-install did you go to the website and install the latest version, i agree with the post You May Have A Conflicting App. I would contact Swype and state your problem, and ask if there're any conflicting Apps out there.

5. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you are a swype beta tester, thats what beta testing is all about anyways. I'd contact Swype about this for sure.

6. hoya

Sent a log and email to Swype - thanks for the help.

7. 172driver

172driver Well-Known Member

I have the latest beta (authorized) on a stock 2.1 Eris.

My Swype quit working this past weekend when I left my area and (I believe) was on an extended network. I could tap type on the Swype keyboard, but when I swyped on it no text would show-up in the text window I was trying to fill. The blue trace line would follow after me, but nothing else would happen.

So I uninstaled it and when trying to re-install with the Swype beta Installer, I'd be prompted to log in to Swype only get an error message about my phone ID not matching the one my account was setup with.

Could it be that it stopped working because I was on a different network and my phone didn't look the same to Swype? Does the app check-in with a Swype server to verify that the user is an authorized beta tester?

Upon returning back home again, I still couldn't get the download so I turned the phone off, then on again, and was able to download and re-install the beta successfully.

I presume re-booting the phone at that moment re-registered me on the network and corrected my ID (whatever that means) as far as the Swype download server was concerned.

It's working fine now.

Anybody know anything about this?

(and yes, I did search the forum for such an event, but didn't find anything)