• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype style keyboard for tablet?

I've been setting up the Zenithink C71 Upgrade tablet I bought my mom for Christmas, and I was bummed to realize that, unlike my Samsung Galaxy S2, this tablet's keyboard does not give users the ability to spell words by swiping through the letters.

Swype is such a neat feature! Is there a third party keyboard I can download from the Play Store that would include this functionality?

And if so, how does that work? Is they third party keyboard just automatically there whenever you click inside a text entry field, or do you have to launch it like a separate app? Do you have the ability to toggle back and forth between the stock keyboard and the new one?

Thanks!

Should I be concerned about the warnings on the Swype site about Swype being in beta and likely to do unexpected things? My mother's very tech-phobic, so I want to make her experience as simple and trouble free as possible.

Like ElP said it has actually been in beta quite awhile and I had it for about 6 months and was really good. The only issue I had was lag on start up so one swiftkey flow was announced I switched to that and love it. I think it uses more battery but they'll fix that in an update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones