Swype Trial Period Ended?!?! wtfGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. charklos

charklos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys/gals, I have been using swype with 2.1 with no problem since we got the leak, but today when I try to swype, it says the Sywpe trial period has ended??? NOOOOO!!!!! :( Anyone else got the same problem??

Advertisement
  2. triphumphrey

triphumphrey Active Member

I got the same problem but I just uninstalled the leak and signed up for the open beta.

charklos likes this.
  3. charklos

charklos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aaaahhhh, touch

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

until we go to use the bets one day it says, beta ended. now buy it

5. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Which version did you have installed? I am using the 1.2M one on 1.5 cupcake still

6. monkeymynd

monkeymynd Member

Oh, thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do w/o my Swype. I'd be willing to pay for it, but it's not available yet. Do you really need WiFi connection to d/l, or will it work anyway?

7. monkeymynd

monkeymynd Member

Do you have to install the current version of Swype, or will the new install take care of that?

8. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

I'd recommend uninstalling your current install before running the official Swype Beta installer. There was a caution saying the beta wasn't for phones that had the software pre-installed as OEM. I'm assuming they wouldn't acknowledge the leaked software in their warning, but if it was already installed, it might cause problems.

The directions always said to uninstall before installing an updated leak version, anyway.

Not noticing any differences in the official beta aside from the annoying haptic feedback that I immediately turned off. Oh, and sometimes it seems to forget to space between words, now. Never had that problem before.

Still, I'm relieved to finally be above board on this awesome software. I'll buy it as soon as I can.

shammer64 likes this.
  9. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Assuming that you meant to say UNinstall, their directions said to uninstall any current version before installing the Beta.

10. monkeymynd

monkeymynd Member

Yeah, I did finally uninstall the old version of Swype. Also, I was d/l w/ steel and they said that you should use the default browser...that helped. What do you mean by haptic feedback...that annoying vibration stuff when you start typing? Where do you turn that off?

Hell, I'm just happy to have my Swype back. Don't realize how good it is until it's gone :D

11. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

So I did this today and my swype doesn't work at all. It won't register any swypes as words. Just beeps, no text. Anyone else experiencing this?

12. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Working fine on my 1.5 Eris. The haptic feedback got turned off first thing.

13. the208

the208 Well-Known Member

1. After install, go to Settings -> Locale & Text -> Check Swype

2. Open any email/text client and long press in the section that you want to input text. Select Swype.

14. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

can someone post a dnld link of swype beta

15. bpk116

bpk116 Active Member

Did you uninstall previous version?

I uninstalled and went to swype beta site and joined. Downloaded installer then swype.(no need for wifi to download,loaded in under a min.)The only issue I had was I set swype in locale and text but it still did'nt work. tried long pressing in text messaging but i recieved a quick text box(could be the fact that Im using handcent). Went to email client and long pressed and was able to select input method.

Now my eris is rockin 2.1 with everything I had on it with 1.5 and no bugs of any kind. :)

mc48 likes this.
  16. teegale

teegale Member

17. monkeymynd

monkeymynd Member

Anyone have a link to where beta testers can report bugs, etc. The word recognition in this new, beta version of Swype is nowhere near as good as the leaked version. Still, not sure where to submit bugs, problems, suggestions, etc.

I went to the Swype forums, but my username/login doesn't work. Do you have to create a separate one just for the forums?

18. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Blah happened to me too. Registered but the beta is closed. Someone got a working copy? I can post it on my personal server for download....

19. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

I have the beta, but i can't download it to my phone because it's rooted and it says, "your phone is not an eris"

20. x531x

x531x Well-Known Member

Looks like its happening to all of us! Happened to me just now.... quite annoying I might add! Been looking on here & otherwise websites. But there all dead links or it still says my trials over. Guess we all need a new DL of it.

21. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

How am I supposed to type without swype.

22. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

lol agreed. this is terrible. i had swype for ONE DAY only :( i got used to it and loved it, then i'm hit with this? ugh.

23. mandirae16

mandirae16 Well-Known Member

Same here, just got the notification that my trial period has ended. :( and just when I was getting used to it.

24. sed

sed Active Member

This one will work

Links removed by OfTheDamned

Mirror

Links removed by OfTheDamned

Divebomber3, Kiesow, harmor and 83 others like this.
  25. Astrobrewer

Astrobrewer Member

Thanks for the link, SED! I just downloaded and installed swype lite for the first time a little after 11:00pm west coast time. I watched the demo videos on the swype site and was pretty psyched about the whole thing. Then I noticed these threads about the demo expiring. I checked the clock and it was just after midnight. Go to email to compose message, swype keyboard pops up, then after swyping one word I get the expiration message. I'm glad I found your post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.