• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype Trial Period Ended?!?! wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i was also hoping somebody could share their link knowledge for obtaining swype. Would be much appreciated.. I only got to use swype for about 5 seconds 8) Thanks!

hi, could someone PM me an apk that will work with my rooted nexus one? i went to sign up for the beta and its apparantly closed again. thanks again

Double Fail guys!! Both your first posts and both breaking the forum rules!

Upvote 0
The page stated that the Beta was closed. I filled out the form anyway because it stated that when the Beta opened again they would email me. This was on 6/15. Late in the day on 6/16 I received an email stating that I had been accepted into the Beta with a link to download their latest beta version.

So.....I think the beta was already closed. I'm assuming that it's their whim as to if they allow new folks in. I'd go fill out the form if I were ya'll. It couldn't hurt.

Upvote 0
Oh one more thing on this. As I think has already been discussed, they make it reasonably clear that they have no immediate plans to actually let us buy this app/keyboard. They say it's a problem with their own internal resources to manage/update/support this code on too many platforms and they prefer an OEM model. So I'm not sure where an Android beta leads us.

Upvote 0
Oh and not to sound snotty or anything.....but no I'm not coughing it up.

How snotty of you. When your beta expires, I'm not coughing up my hacked version up ;)

Oh one more thing on this. As I think has already been discussed, they make it reasonably clear that they have no immediate plans to actually let us buy this app/keyboard.

We know this. Good luck

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones