Swype Type for MomentSupport

Last Updated:

1. BLaZeBcF

BLaZeBcF Member This Topic's Starter

Ok..so I saw the texting world record commercial and found that it uses an input method known as swype (swipe typing)... After downloading and using it I'm regretting the fact that I got a physical keyboard phone... This is a revolutionary breakthrough in the world of mobile text input... Or text input of any type... I'm extremely pleased by this app and will never need to buy a phone with a keyboard again... the beta is closed, so if you wanna get a hold of this app just type in "swype.apk rapidshare" and go to the first link.. There you could get forwarded toward a site that is currently hosting the file... Oh and btw I swyped this whole post.... Enjoy!

Advertisement
  2. BLaZeBcF

BLaZeBcF Member This Topic's Starter

Link Removed By OfTheDamned

3. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

Hm. Seems a little shady. Especially considering my beta version is 1.25.16....
    Let me know how that works out for you.

4. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

think blaze is right i have the final ver. at 1.16.12.5228

5. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member

How you all like it? How can we get this? I thought I had to wait to get 2.1, I couldn't find in market? How can I install this? Thanks,

6. htcman724

i love it.just follow the link posted above..then use astro to install

7. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

Do you have to register on MediaFire.com to access this file? I am unable to download it to my laptop. It gets stuck at "Processing download".

8. cds36

cds36 Well-Known Member

humm no problems using with 1.5 ? so far ?

9. eldiablojefe

eldiablojefe Active Member

No problems here. I think I'm already falling in love with it. It's pretty impressive.

10. htcman724

im me your email and ill send you the file

momentoid likes this.
  11. cds36

cds36 Well-Known Member

dammm this is pretty cool

12. arosequist

arosequist New Member

13. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

I spent damn near all day looking for this to try it out...My god where has this been all my life. Like seriously I spent the last hour txting like crazy with NO typos, good bye HTC keyboard hello Swype. Good Looks to the person above who posted the linkage.

14. speciala106

speciala106 Active Member

WOW this really is a great keyboard, the link from blaze worked on my phone with no issue and it installed with no issues.

15. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

So, this "final' has a lower version number than the most recent beta?

16. itmike

itmike Well-Known Member

Eh I still prefer my physical keyboard over it. Though it is better than the stock keyboard on the moment. Could get used to it for quick messages. I just can't see this replacing a physical keyboard.

17. RyudoSama

RyudoSama Member

how do I use this over the default android keyboard once it is installed?

Edit I figured it out. just wondering how safe is this? Any chance it is a key logger or something? Has anyone confirmed it is safe? Thanks in advance

18. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I can honesty see this working very very well for all touch screen Android phones. By this I mean ones with no actual keyboard. I use it a lot more than my actual keyboard more. That and the fact that it's a load faster, in my personal use.

19. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

This Is the only version of swype that work for me. I could not get the others to install.

20. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

Thanks to BLaZeBcF for the link. I was going to look for it but I got lazy haha. All jokes aside I really like this and also Shapewriter Beta. They both use the same "swype" method and both are very accurate. It's just really up to you, I've used both and honestly they're pretty much the same. Good to have choices though. :D

21. Keo

Keo Active Member

Os, so I downloaded the program but don't know how to start the program or make it my default keyboard. Help!

22. JPD

JPD Active Member

I'm a newbie... only had my moment for a few days and it is still stock. do I have root my phone to install swype...? If not, how do I install it? thanks

23. duckthehobo

duckthehobo Member

Swype is pretty awesome for short texts, my only issue is when inputting text into a field, such as a password box, it can be finicky trying to tap your password as normal without the blowup indication of what your actually typing.

That said, the "Final" version posted on here may be ripped from a T-mo MT3g, which swype is officially available for, whereas the file downloaded with the (previously apparently) open beta is a later version. (not sure, just a guess)

24. htcman724

ok heres how to instal it go to the app market download astro file manager then connect your phone to pc open up the memory find the astro folder inside there are folders put the apk inside one of the folders disconnect your phone open up astro on phone find the folder you put the apk into then touch it to install it.once installed you need to go into the menu go to locale and text you should see swipe make it the default do the swipe settings close out and your done..if this helps hit the thanks button......

25. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

Or just download/install Astro file or any other app installer, download the apk from the link provided, then just press the apk downloaded and the option to install will appear. No need to hook up or disconnect your phone. The apk or any file you download is automatically saved in your Downloads folder on the SD card. Then follow the steps above. :D

JPD likes this.