• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

swype voice to text not working

amswink

May 20, 2010
SoCal
Since I got the ICS upgrade, I noticed that the voice to text doesn't work. I use swype, and when I press the voice to text button, I speak but it won't do anything. A "continue" button shows up but it seems to freeze when I try to talk and press continue. It doesn't seem to be recording or anything. I did a factory reset after the update, so I re-installed swype, but that didn't seem to fix anything.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

I didn't know to look for information in the Swype forums -- thanks!
For anyone else with this issue who doesn't care to go through the Swype forums, this is a known issue with HTC phones in particular. Swype puts out updates once a quarter, and this should be fixed in the next update. According to an admin, look for an update in "late summer, early fall."

Reactions: TrooperThorn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones