1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Swype ? with forum rules

Last Updated:

1. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have registered with swype beta, however it is saying that my login credentials are incorrect, obviously not allowing me to login. Since Swype is a free app, and now back on the market, would it be against the forum rules for someone to post an apk to dl it? I figure ill wait till someone chimes in before asking someone to actually post an apk of they have one. thanks

Advertisement
  2. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that's really possible. When you go to the Swype beta web site and sign up, they send a link to your email. Clicking the link in the email, from your phone, downloads an application that, when run, installs the Swype app from their servers, and as part of the process of doing that setup you have to log in with your account in order to get it up and running.

Even though it's free, it's invite only, and I assume it's to limit the number of testers?

3. chawski

gatcha. it was worth a shot. ill just email them if possible and try to get my account reset

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Chawski beneath the Swype beta login, there is an option that if you forget your password for them to email it to you.

5. chawski

tried that. when i click the link, i get an email response saying that beta testing is closed. there is no mention of a password in the response email.

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Make sure you're using the email address you signed up to swype with in that link Roze quoted.

And for the record the Swype app is still not available to everyone, so sharing it is still against the forum rules.

7. chawski

yea i confirmed it is the correct login. I sent them an email, so ill see where it goes.

As for getting the app, ill keep it through them. thanks xyro for giving an answer