Swype with Voice to Text

Last Updated:

1. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've noticed the Galaxy S phones have Swype Keyboards without the microphone icon, meaning you can't launch speech2text from the keyboard. However on the DroidX, the keyboard looks identical, but it does have the mic.

Can we download a new version of swype that has this enabled. I like swype but want to be able to talk to my phone ;-)

Advertisement
  2. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

bump?
    Seems like this should be a simple question to answer. Why does DroidX's swype have the mic button while GalaxyS doesn't?

Thanks everyone!

3. Terry S

Terry S Well-Known Member

You can just switch really quick to the anroid keyboard and switch back.. but the microphone on the swype keyboard would be an easier solution if anyone has it?

Edit... I just noticed if your in the swype keboard and hit menu button (far left button), there is a speak button. As I said it would still be better on the actual keyboard if anyone knows of a way?

4. KMA

KMA Well-Known Member

It's been covered here a few different times over the last few days. Here's any example:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ca...e-ears-listen-just-dont-make-me-type-out.html

Search this forum for "swype" and several results will turn up. Essentially, the stock swype keyboard doesn't have the mic button for whatever reason. For now at least, you'll have to choose between swype or the stock android (or another) keyboard with mic button.

5. inittowinit

inittowinit Active Member

6. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

When I hit that bottom left button on Swype, all I get is an annoying Tips window.

7. Terry S

Terry S Well-Known Member

Sorry, I am new to smartphones so i don't know the real name of the button, but it is one of the 4 buttons on the samasung that are always there. Like the back and menu button. Its the button to the far left at the very bottom of the phone.

8. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

I'm actually quite proud of that forum title...anyway I'm using stock android for now. Cant get use to swype yet. And looks like I"ll be trying the Blueant Q1, I'll give a review of it next week :)