swypeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. wade623

wade623 New Member This Topic's Starter

i installed swype on my phone but when i try to use it says "the swype package you installed does not match the screen size of the device. please contact swype about this issue. screen size:400x240" so does any body know how i can get this to work on my phone?

Advertisement
  2. julie2928

julie2928 Member

I switched from the Ally to the Intercept, and had the exact same error. It looks like the screen on the Intercept is bigger (just holding them side by side) so maybe they haven't perfected it for all Android phones yet. I'm going to miss Swype, but I like the touch keyboard on the Intercept a lot better than the one on the Ally.

3. wade623

Yeah that sucks I really wanted to use it I hope that gets fixed soon

4. wade623

i tried to install it on someone else phone and i got the same message except it said 320x480 droid eris

5. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

you can try the multitouch keyboard from the droid x. it works. i still prefer swype because i been using it for awhile but its a decent alternative.

6. gatorproof

gatorproof New Member

My wife has an Intercept and I have the Epic, we just got them within the last couple of weeks. The Intercept doesn't seem to want to run live wallpaper either. (both are 2.1 Android) I read that the unique screen size (although nice for web browsing) does not fit the specs for the programs being written for Android. Unless someone writes for the Intercept, I fear it will be missing other features as well. BTW, does anyone know if the Samsung phones will operate more then one bluetooth item as once . We can't seem to get our little portable HP 520 travel printer to connect on bluetooth with either the Intercept or the Epic. They pair but don't want to connect> Any help? Thanks OH and they won't connect if just used with the printer alone either.