Swype ?

Last Updated:

1. melldroid

melldroid Member This Topic's Starter

Is Swype available on the Desire . Looks useful.

Advertisement
  2. HTCandroid

HTCandroid Well-Known Member

beta version only atm, but i think swype have stopped giving that out? not sure though.

legally that is :D

3. melldroid

melldroid Member This Topic's Starter

Forget the post. I've now done a search on the forum, which I should have done in the first place, and found lots of previous posts. Now trying Swiftkey for a bit.

4. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

Yes, and it's fantastic. I've tried most keyboards, and was a huge fan of Swift Key for months, but I FINALLY got ahold of a working copy of swype, and never looked back. VERY quick, and you dont even have to be accurate with your "swyping". It just seems to know what you want to type.

Can highly recommend it.

5. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

You'll have to do some searching to find it and it's out there, Swype is quite nice (liked the built in one on the Motorola), but so far I'm liking Viingo's keyboard since it has the voice module. Swype's word prediciton is as good as just about any other keyboard with the same feature.

6. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

+1. swype is awesome already, but they are talking about adding speak to text button too!!!

7. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member

I use SlideIt - was using swiftkey which itself is awesome, but SlideIt (similar to Swype) just rocks!

8. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Swype is great and I use it by default, but I have some niggles - I would like a numeric pad option, I can't seem to calibrate the keys for single character tapping, and British English is not supported.

Ian

9. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

SlideIT for me, using it as I type and its great would not be without it, took me about five minutes to decide to purchase it.

10. mightymax

mightymax Active Member

If you swype from the swype key in the corner to the 'f'/'5' key in the middle, it changes to num pad. Or if you go from the swype key in the corner to the SYM/ABC key next to it, it'll take you to a D-Pad with copy/paste buttons, select all, and a few other cool options.

11. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

HTC IME Mod for me. I tried swype and liked it for a while, but I just didn't get used to it. Hated double letters and with still not knowing my way around a keyboard without looking, I found looking for the next letter in the shadow of my finger quite frustrating.

12. runlsd

runlsd Active Member

Swype was the best until it expired on me. I tried both SlideIt and ShapeWriter. Ended up sticking with ShapeWriter. Found it to be more accurate than SlideIt and it won't expire.

13. mightymax

mightymax Active Member

I think Swype are in danger of losing a lot of support to alternatives like ShapeWriter if they take much longer to go on wide release. They explicitly say that they're going for contracts with manufacturers over releasing a paid app in the market to individuals, though.

14. el_caro

el_caro Active Member

What a bummer. My Swype has passed it's use by date and no longer works. I purchased SlideIT today and find it almost as good and am quite happy with it. Can not live without a swipe style key board now. Also like the voice input function on the keyboard it is 95% accurate. Would not use it in public but great in the confines of my office or home.