SwypeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Miss Spicy McHaggis

Miss Spicy McHaggis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i've had my phone for about a week now and i'm noticing a few problems

the phone restarts itself.

now i just noticed that my swype option is gone. i went into the settings and it says it's active but it's not showing up. i don't think i should have to factory reset my phone already...suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. omitshod

omitshod Member

Sounds like a lemon, take it back to tmobile while you are still in the 14 day return period.

3. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member

Tap and hold on any text entry field to change your input method, maybe it somehow got switched back to default android keyboard.

As for the restarting, idk. Mine has crashed a few times, but it hasn't reset itself yet.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

No, the swype team took down the beta because of the leaked versions that are out there. Try shapewriter or slideit. both are good but does take some getting used to. slideit is in the market place but shapewriter is not. you can go to their website and go to the forums (android phone devices) and on the last page is a QR code for it.

5. justme8800

That may be, but the G2 (and most any new Android phone) does not have the swype "beta," they actually have the retail version. It's included with the phone, it's on the box, etc. He has swype on his phone, and unless something is really messed up, it's still there somewhere.

FWIW, swype is still working just fine on my G2...

6. skipbowman

skipbowman New Member

Mind dissappeared yesterday too. I was able to get it back only by resetting to the G2 to it's default settings. To my surprise all my apps reloaded and but photobucket wanted to do an upgrade. I refused that upgrade thinking that might have been the problem. Yesterday morning Tmo pushed out a couple of upgrades like their accounts software and photobucket. Right after that was when swype stopped working...

Skip

7. justme8800

How bizarre. You need to call T-Mobile and get on their case about this. I downloaded the account software upgrade too (but not photobucket), and my swype is still working...

8. skipbowman

skipbowman New Member

I think it is the photobucket automatic upgrade which caused the problem... Just a guess.