Last Updated:

1. Kid Dynamite

Kid Dynamite Active Member

Has anyone heard anything regarding SWYPE for ICS and the GN? I heard there was supposed to be a beta released by the end of January but havent seen anything regarding this since the first week of January. I need SWYPE!

2. Stretlow

Stretlow Well-Known Member

Go on Google + and search "Swype for galaxy nexus" scroll down till you see some .apk files.

Some dev got it working, been using it since day one no problem
    Kid Dynamite and Crashumbc like this.
  3. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I've been using the 'hacked" version, it awesome!

I'm in the BETA program and will switch to the "official" BETA version when its released, but I can't live without my swype :/

I've tried others (slidit,swiftkey,etc) I just can't get used to or type, anywhere near as fast on them :(
  4. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

FlexT9 is better at prediction and uses Dragon dictation. And if you ever want to switch to regular typing, FlexT9 works much better with typing than Swype.
  5. nextass

nextass Member

i got swype on my nexus as well. downloaded it from a forum somewhere. I found the link through google.

it works like a charm!
  6. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

FYI the newer versions of swype use dragon also...
  7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Please note:

If it isn't preinstalled on your handset, or downloaded directly from beta.swype.com, the Swype .apk file is considered warez by Swype themselves. Please don't risk putting Android Forums in their legal team's gunsights. ;)