Swype

Last Updated:

1. hotfuss

hotfuss New Member This Topic's Starter

I've been looking at getting swype on the desire (just received it yesterday, awesome phone!), but am having problems installing any.

I assume this is because swype have not released it yet for this phone.

Does anyone know of any way of getting it onto the desire, or if not, are there any similar programs that will work on the desire?!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Swype is in closed beta testing, and is only attainable via an invite. You can email the devs at swype, and ask for an invite. They may or may not give you one.

You can find the apk online, and try it that way. The only problem with that is that you will not get any updates for it, and you will have to search for the most updated apk for it. Not worth the time/effort.

I know there is another app similar to swype but I can't remember the name of it. If I remember I'll definitely let you know.

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

slideit, search the market for it :p

helleslicht likes this.
  4. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

That's it!!!!

5. firetrap

firetrap New Member

I've been using SlideIT for a couple of days now, it is so quick it its unbelievable, even when up you ate not very accurate it comes up with the right word. I used to avoid texting but now I can blast out a message in seconds.

6. nekromantik

nekromantik Well-Known Member

im having a issue with swype.
    when I put the phone in landscape mode I get a message saying that the resolution is not supported and swype does not show unless i turn it back straight up.

7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

You probably have the wrong one installed in that case! There are numerous swype apks roaming around supporting different resolutions.

8. nekromantik

nekromantik Well-Known Member

I tried 2. First one wud not load at all and this only works on portrait mode.
    Will need to find another one. Can anyone with a fully working one let me know the version please.

9. jonmall1441

jonmall1441 New Member

Try using shapewriter There is a problem with swype on the desire. Everytime you switch from the htc keyboard to the swype keyboard multitouch is disabled and need to restart phone to enable multi touch again. shapewriter is alright. I am just testing it out atm as the swype issue was getting on my nerves. I applied for the closed beta who nows i might get lucky :)

EDIT: Damn Shapewriter does effect multitouch but no reboot required just switch back to regular keyboard.... I am testing to see if the same can be done with swype although i do like shapewriter quite a bit :)

10. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Think you have a bad version of swype, doesnt do that for...everyone.

11. jonmall1441

jonmall1441 New Member

yea could be the version i had was 1.25...... but read on xda i think it was and more people were having the same issue? have you got a more updated version of swype?