Sycing phone with computerSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mascoutah5848

Mascoutah5848 New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to get your Yahoo email accounts into your phone? Whenever I want to send an email in Yahoo none of my contacts that I have on my computer come up. Any suggestions???

Advertisement
  2. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

It might not be the most elegant way but you could export your contacts from Yahoo and import them into GMail

All this is done on your computer, not your phone.

Go to your Yahoo email and select the Contacts tab at the top.
    Select Tools from the menu buttons and select Export from the drop down list.
    Export your contacts to a vCard Single File.
    Your browser will download the vcf file to its default location, or a location you select (depending on your settings).

Go to your GMail account and select Contacts on the top left side of the screen.
    Select More Actions from the menu buttons and select Import from the drop down list.
    Browse to where the vcf file was saved. You may also wish to check the add imported contacts into a new group (eg-Yahoo).
    GMail will prompt for a group name after you select the Import button.

Once you phone syncs it's Google contacts your Yahoo contacts will be on your phone.

Like I said, this isn't elegant. I just know it will work.
    There may be a way to keep your Yahoo contacts separate from your Google contacts, I just don't know it.
    Definitely create a new group when you import. It will be easier to locate, edit, and delete any redundant, or unwanted Yahoo contacts from newly combined Gmail contacts.

Semperkeith likes this.