1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sygic Aura. Trouble installing

Last Updated:

1. pauleden

pauleden Active Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,

Aura is really giving me problems. I have it installed, but if I run it, it crashes with no errors.

I've run the Aura Downloader, but thats flakey too. The actual map download stalls a lot, then if it does actually download, I then try to continue but it claims there are no maps installed.

I've uninstalled the application, but the maps don't get removed.

I've emailed Sygic, but not had a reply yet. Has anyone had and solved problems like this?

Advertisement
  2. pauleden

pauleden Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sygic replied, but they only told me to do what I was already doing, without success.

I think the uninstall doesn't work very well, it's leaving large parts of the application on the device. So, once I've tidied it up, manually deleting folders and tricked it into actually believing me when I say there's a map actually installed, I got it going.

It's a very odd interface, not terribly intuitive. It gives the impression of being a European (mainland) product, that's been translated to English.

But the quality of the map data is high, certainly better than the crap NAVTEQ sell and in the centre of major cities, the 3d view is a joy to behold. With buildings rendered in the middle distance, as you approach, they slide into the ground so they don't obscure the route. It looks beautiful, but it's really all this application has going for it.

It's not feature rich, the install is viciously complicated and the text to speech won't say road names. It's such a shame Aura is a one trick pony. It looks fantastic in the cities, but in other ways, it's so backward and difficult to use.

Cities that have their building rendered include London, Liverpool, Manchester. Smaller cities such as York and Newcastle also, but places as small as Middlesbrough, Reading, Exeter and Bournemouth aren't.

3. Gajet

Gajet New Member

How did you "trick it" into believing you had maps installed? I have that problem of not being able to get passed the downloader no matter what I install.

4. mato2D

mato2D New Member

Hello guys, i have the same problem like pauleden, can somebody help me ? thanx for answers !

5. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

Which phone do you have?
    What Aura version are you running?
    I have Aura running without any issues on HTC Desire.

6. mato2D

mato2D New Member

i have htc desire HD, aura ver 2.1.3

7. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

Yes, it should work all right.
    I guess asking that to Sygic Customer Service is a good next step.

8. adm1968

adm1968 New Member

Hi!
    Installed Aura last night
    Downloaded maps
    Working perfectly on HTC Sensation (2.3.4)

One small detail:
    TWO apps are installed: Sygic and Sygic Downloader

After your map download is completed, quit the download environment, and start SYGIC (through the menu)

It should work

Regards