Sygic GPSSupport

1. michaelwy

michaelwy Active Member

I downloaded Sygic GPS because it said it would interrupt the car stereo when using Bluetooth. After several configuration attempts I can't seem to get this to work. Has anyone got this to work using the Note 3? I emailed Sygic Support but have not heard back from them yet but thought I would ask here just in case someone got this to work. I have a 2013 Buick Encore. I searched the forums but nothing about this came up.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

I didn't have to do anything special to get it to work fine. I'm using it in a Ford Fusion Sport with Sync. Wish I could offer help for your situation. Just thought I'd share it works as intended in a Ford.
  3. michaelwy

michaelwy Active Member

Thanks for replying pdqgp, glad to know it works for you. I got it to work sort of, I had to select bluetooth on the radio and then I could hear the directions. Unfortunately it wont work if the radio is playing and it won't work if I am streaming music. Leave it to GM to not configure their systems so this can be done. I guess I will just keep the volume down on the radio to the point I can hear the directions from the phone.
  4. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

Ford is similar. I have to be listening to media that is on the device or else I won't hear it. Unlike my cell phone where it will switch over from my radio or cd or streaming, etc. and kick in the GPS systems on my phone will not.

Like you, if I'm listening to the radio instead it will speak the directions from the phones speaker.

What's really crazy is I have a built in GPS in the car but my iPhone with Motion X Drive and now my Note 3 are both more intuitive and easier to use.
  5. michaelwy

michaelwy Active Member

I made some progress on getting this to work. No matter what GPS app I use the Note 3 will not read out the directions thru the speaker when playing music with the standard music app, it will pause the music but no directions. Same thing with Google Maps it will pause the music but no directions. If I use Sirius Radio or Pandora on the Note 3 it will pause the music and read the directions then begin playing the music again. Not sure why the Note 3 won't work with the standard music app. On the Encore no matter what I try it won't read out the directions while the FM radio is playing. I hope technology will make this possible in the future. I have unlimited data so using Sirius on my phone along with Sygic GPS gives me what I want.

I do like Sygic GPS much better than Google Maps, the UI is so much better.