Symbols, backspacing, auto-correction? STOP!Support

Last Updated:

1. ScubaCA

ScubaCA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do I stop some of the symbols from automatically backspacing one space when I am typing?

For example when I type, "I'll be there @ 3:30" it auto corrects to, "I'll be there@ 3:30."

It does this with the @, &, ", - , and I am sure others. I end up having to delete the symbol, add the space again, then type the symbol.

HOW CAN I STOP THIS FROM BACKSPACING ON ITS OWN!

Advertisement
  2. 10-8-enroute

10-8-enroute Member

ScubaCA:

This was on of my biggest peeves of the Droid X Keyboard. I could never figure out a way to keep this from occurring.

Finally a friend of mine who also has the Droid X, turned me onto another alternative keyboard: Smart Keyboard Pro.

It is $2.73 dollars and it has been the best money I have spent as the program gives you 7 different keyboard layouts ( I personally have found the Android and HTC Layouts to be the most user friendly.)

You can get it from the Android Market or over at Appbrain: Be sure to download the English for Smart Keyboard Pro pack: Links at Appbrain are:

Smart Keyboard Pro: Smart Keyboard PRO - Android app on AppBrain

English for Smart Keyboard Pro: English for Smart Keyboard - Android app on AppBrain

As you type in words that are normally auto-corrected, you can select them to save them into the dictionary and when you use those words again no more auto-correct.

Under the Text Prediction settings, there are no fewer than 18 different settings that you can tweak to your liking.

Hope this helps out...

I am out....!

3. ScubaCA

ScubaCA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So there is no free fix for this?

4. DoodleBugInk

DoodleBugInk New Member

Is there anyway to modify the physical keyboard the same way to stop this annoying occurance? I text a lot and it's very frustrating. I have to wait until 05/2012 to get the Droid X as my AT&T sucky commitment ends then.

Thanks for your help!