1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Symbols for outgoing/received calls...Support

Last Updated:

1. DroidRick

DroidRick Well-Known Member

They are counter-intuitive.

Received calls has an arrow leaving the phone!
    Outgoing call has a arrow coming into the phone!

I can never remember which is which. :(

Advertisement
  2. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

After reading your post I checked my phone and the arrows are correct on it.
  3. DroidRick

And after reading your post I re-checked my phone.
    They still are counter-intuitive.

I view the contact photo as the 'base' to start from.
    If I see an arrow going FROM this contact photo, I think of a call going FROM the contact to me. This isn't the case however.

Likewise, if I see an arrow going TO a contact photo, I think of a call going TO the contact from me. This isn't the case either.

Can you tell me an easy way to remember how it works?
  4. Jaypeebee

Jaypeebee Active Member

Err... Green arrow incoming, orangey arrow outgoing :rolleyes:
  5. DroidRick

Yes, I noticed the different colors right away too.
    However, how can I remember that green = incoming?

What is so special about incoming vs. outgoing, to make it deserve the green color (assuming green is better than orange).
    I ask in all sincerity.
  6. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

Frankly I never felt it as an issue and not even once have got confused with the arrows. I do access the forums a bit and have to say that this is the 1st case I have encountered with such a problem which makes me believe it is not a regular problem. It is happening because you view the arrows in a different way I presume (Taking photo as the base) while others seem to do just fine.

So I guess you would have to live with it or look for a third party app if its available!
  7. Mehaboob2012

Mehaboob2012 New Member

am using samsung galaxy s model.having a prblem in recieving incoming calls .am recieving missed call notification instead of recieving calls .please help me as earliest time ,i could'nt able to download any application in my phone as error am recieve -101
  8. antoeknee

antoeknee Well-Known Member

Cant say I've ever had any issue knowing whats incomoing/outgoing purely based on arrow colour. However in the log doesn't the arrow point towards/away from the contacts number. When you call someone an orange arrow pointing towards the number you've called is shown and the reverse is true for a received call where the arrow is green and pointing away from the callers number. Seems fairly logical to me.