• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync All Calendars... Google/Exchange/Phone

I'm new to Android, having moved from Nokia this last week...

I've added my email accounts - Gmail & Exchange, but now I've got 3 calendars... I know they all display on my mobile, and I get alerts for them all, but I'd ideally like my phone to sync all the calendars with eachother... So when I look on Outlook, I see my phone and Google calendar, and when I look on Gmail, I see my Outlook and Phone calendars etc...

This would seem to be a fairly simple thing to do - just to 'link' the calendars in a similar way to linking the phone/Google/Facebook contacts...

Does anyone know of a way to do this without involving any PC apps etc.?

If you're using Google Calendar, why even use your phone's calendar program? Remove that from the equation and you only need to sync Outlook to Google Calendar. Just create a new calendar called "HTC Desire" if you really want to keep those events separate. However, I love being able to add to any of my two calendars and never put anything directly on the phone's calendar.

Not really answering your question, I realize, but just wanted to add that...

Tim

Upvote 0
You're right... I don't think there's any way of doing it really... I'll be using my mobile as my main calendar anyway, so as long as they're both in there it's cool... The colour coding's nice too...

I think you're misunderstanding. The phone calendar IS your google calendar. They automatically sync in seconds, right over the air.

As for Outlook and Google, that's easy. Here - Sync with Microsoft Outlook - Google Calendar Help

Upvote 0
Exchange is the name of Microsoft's Email Server - most people won't use it unless they work for (usually) biggish organisations...

Not sure about the exact settings for Yahoo etc. but you should be able to set it up with POP3 or IMAP, then it will mean you don't have to log in each time - look in the settings on the webmail for information about the POP3/IMAP settings...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones