• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync and Auto-update issues. Please help if possible

Batt1719

Sep 11, 2010
I like my SF, but hate that nothing EVER auto updates or syncs. Emails from my yahoo account never come to the phone or send me a notification. This problem also affects any other function that auto updates such as weather widgets or the Feeds and Updates widget. I have to push the little green sync button, and there is nothing like reading day old new tweets. Also when checking my emails it will take MINUTES to load a new email. I have asked at the Verizon store and the manager said it happens to her SF too, and that an update should fix everything. Am I the only one having this issue? Please help if there any solution out there.

I like my SF, but hate that nothing EVER auto updates or syncs. Emails from my yahoo account never come to the phone or send me a notification. This problem also affects any other function that auto updates such as weather widgets or the Feeds and Updates widget. I have to push the little green sync button, and there is nothing like reading day old new tweets. Also when checking my emails it will take MINUTES to load a new email. I have asked at the Verizon store and the manager said it happens to her SF too, and that an update should fix everything. Am I the only one having this issue? Please help if there any solution out there.

For mine everything that I have to sync does except email, but I manually sync it quiet often so it doesn't bother me to much.

Upvote 0
Mine syncs everything flawlessly my gmail shows up exactly when the computer sees it and verizon email is a few moments behind the phone but there almost the same time. Weather is right .. I have is syncing every hour and face book syncs as fast.

But I have a freak SF anyhow because I get a gps fix in under 5 seconds indoors or out.

My niece had this problem and had her yahoo account forwarded to her gmail so that it showed up quicker.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones