Sync and the T-Mobile PulseSupport

1. Muuurgh

Muuurgh Well-Known Member

Alright, I'm giving up as it's 1030 p.m. And I'm no closer.

To give a quick run down, I have everything stored in a google account somewhere. However, I also sync the contact with my Mac, so I've set up 'My Contacts' in gmail, which works great, I get the 18 contacts down.

Now though, with my brand spanking new T-Mobile Pulse, I've got the problem of the phone getting 'All Contacts', not just 'My Contacts'. All the information out there about fixing this is related to the HTC Hero as far as I can see, and the same options don't apply. At least, I can't see the option.

How on earth do I fix this? I'm hoping somebody out there has already done it, and can give me some tips. I'm not using the phone as my primary phone yet, so reset's, etc, are all valid options at this point.

Second problem. My Profile. I've set up a Google Profile...how come it's not using that?

Any and all help from more experienced Android users would be appreciated. Even if it doesn't help fix the problem, it's going to help me learn what's going on and that can only be a good thing!

And I haven't even started using any apps yet...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Muuurgh

Ok, the solution I've gone with is this. I'll keep all of you update on how it goes in a couple of days.

• Sync phone with Gmail contacts
    • In your gmail account, on a pc, export the My Contacts in a google contacts csv file
    • On your phone, go to the contacts section and delete all the contacts
    • Sync your phone with Google Contacts
    • For all the notifications that come up, select delete contacts
    • Once that's complete, go to gmail on your PC and import the saved contacts (in the CSV)
    • Sync your phone with Google Contacts

That's done the trick. I'm worried about people reappearing in the All Contacts in Gmail when I email people, but we'll see what happens.
  3. ceedee

ceedee Well-Known Member

After almost a week, I've still not managed to get a full contacts sync with my Gmail account.
    (Most of the imported contacts are missing some 'extra' fields such as company name. Some contacts completely missing.)

May well be forced to follow your suggestions when I've an hour to spare...
    :(
  4. Kwozzii

Kwozzii Member

Only problem I seem to have with the contacts on my phone is that it seems to sort them by nickname rather than First/Last which I would prefer...

Kwozzii
  5. Muuurgh

Sadly, my solution did get only my contacts synched, but as soon as I email someone in gmail they're added to all contacts, and the whole thing starts again. I'm going to just put up with it until something better comes along. I might try that RoadSync application, but I refuse to provide my details to a company just to trial their product.

And being able to sort by Name, also very handy. I'm not a fan of the Contacts section of this phone that's for sure
  6. najob

najob Member

well, I have "memory" problem
    after import 1039 contact from my google acc to pulse there is no more memory for new contact, it shows on display
    if delete some contact still "no memory"
    pulse show there is free 28 mb memory...
    what can I do? back to black berry....