Sync Android 4.3 with Outlook (exchange active sync)General

1. turbodroid

turbodroid Member

Hey Guys :),

I unfortunately couldn't find an answer to this in an already existing thread, therefore I created this one.

So, I want to buy an Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (FYI: it runs Android 4.3 with Samsung TouchWiz), and hook it up with my mailaccount, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (Office 365). I currently use it to sync my tasks, calendar and mail between my laptop and my iPhone.

I searched arround the web, however I could not find a definite answer; therefore I would like to know if this works on android without having struggles or do I need to tweak arround or install an application ? Please bear in mind that I will by an Samsung Galaxy Note 3, therefore I will not root or flash it as I consider it as to risky.

Kind regards,

Marvin

PS: I will buy the mobile in Europe, does this make any difference (exept of Region Lock) ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Welcome to Android Forums.

I moved this thread to the forum where the phone in question is discussed.

... Thom
  3. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

I use Touchdown.
    turbodroid likes this.
  4. turbodroid

turbodroid Member

Thanks for moving Thom!

I did look at Touchdown, however, when I got my Note 3 I just entered my Email and the corresponding Password at the Account options (I selected add Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync) and when I then checked out S Planner, Mail (by Samsung) and Contacts everything was synced! That was easier than setting it up on my iPhone.

So my question is answered and this thread can be closed.
  5. FBA

FBA Active Member

The only thing that doesn't sync is Notes in Exchange. You can download a free app from googleplay.com that does exactly that if you are interested (Task and Notes). I tried touchdown and found it was a horrible GUI with a lot of useless options and not worth the money they ask for it, when you can simply use the built-in app, which to me was cleaner, less cumbersome and probably less on memory too!