sync android(htc desire) to itunes 10 mac osx snow leopard

1. drashwinm

drashwinm New Member

finally after trying doubletwist. itunemywalkman etc etc.... i got to sync my mac itunes with the android
    amazing how simple and efficient it was....
    get "synctwofolders" a free software for mac by googling it
    create a folder called music on the android device sd card
    in the software source folder, select ur itunes music folder(i have asked my itunes to automatically manage music and organize the folder.... so all my music is in that one folder)
    in the destination.... select the music folder on the sd card
    choose "source replaces target" in the sync mode... and select "manage dates" so that newer files on the mac will replace the older ones on the sd card...
    what this sync mode does is it mirrors the itunes music folder to the sd card... so even if u delete a song from the itunes library(be sure to move it to trash when itunes deletes it) it gets deleted from the sd card as well...
    now for syncing playlists, all u have to do is select the playlist u want and export it to the itunes music folder as a .m3u file. it gets copied to the sd card and shows up with all the songs on the android music player.
    also since you have selected manage dates as well, the moment u change the playlist, just re-export and sync it, you get the edited playlist on the device
    this may sound a little too much effort, but youl get used to it and plus its real fast... takes hardly 30 secs for the software to read the changes (10 gb+ music), plus is totally bug free i.e no duplicates are copied!!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!
    drashwinm likes this.
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Warmest welcome to Android Forums! Pm me if you need help getting around! :)
  4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Hello and Welcome to Android Forums!!