Sync BrokenSupport

Last Updated:

1. empyreandance

empyreandance Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

A few days ago my gmail stopped syncing so I tried the old emptying its cache and storage app trick which usually works, but it didn't. So I looked today and it turns out nothing is syncing (calendar, contacts, etc...) Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Don't kill tasks.

You may have sync off. Long press the home screen and add the Power Control widget. Make sure that the two arrows in a circle (sync) are ON. Once you turn it on, you can delete the widget if you like.

You can also go to phone settings > sync, to make sure that sync is on for gmail, calendar, contacts.

3. empyreandance

Nope sync is on and set up for everything. Thank you though. Any other ideas?

4. redwing26

redwing26 Member

This happened to me when I did the Droid update on my phone. I had to log into Gmail on my PC - Go to Calendar section, and theres a place where you can add a mobile phone. I did this already..but for some reason, with the software update on the Droid, I had to redo it (where gmail sends a text to your phone and you have to input a code, etc). Once I did that, everything worked fine.

Although I do from time to time have to turn my phone off and back on in order to get gmail to work.......not sure why that is.....

5. cc9703

cc9703 Member

I guess I've joined the club. I noticed yesterday that my gmail wouldn't sync. I'm thinking because I changed my google password a couple of days ago. I also noticed that I couldn't update or download anything on the market. I spent a day trying various things (reboots, changing sync settings, clear cache in gmail/market +FC +reboot, changing google settings using pc, etc). Finally by clearing the gmail cache and data, it synced. As a bonus the market worked again. But that doesn't seem to be working anymore. Then I started getting this recurring "text message memory full" notification. I ended up deleting all my messages and I still get the notification (good grief). Oh well, back to searching for a fix so I can have a happy Droid again.

6. empyreandance

Yep, I cleared the caches and data on ALL google apps and I still couldn't even do a manual sync. I used as a good excuse to move from BB 0.4 to UD 8.0. Both lovely roms.

7. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Is anyone still having this problem running the stock OS?

8. cc9703

cc9703 Member

I don't know if I should be admitting this, but I'm running stock Froyo, FRG22, and didn't have any problems at all. I've apparently resolved my problems, and once again my own foolishness is at fault. I had downloaded another gmail version (2.2.1) which worked great so I didn't even think about it when my problems started. I guess it didn't like me changing passwords, but since I removed it and went back to stock gmail (2.2) all is good:) Wish I thought to do that hours earlier:D

9. sonserae

sonserae New Member

Unfortunately, the internet is screaming in unison from Android users who updated their phones 2 days ago and now their phones don't sync anymore. Brilliant. Of course, I haven't heard any response from the debacle or a fix for the tragedy. I uninstalled the update and it didn't fix it. When is someone going to step up an address this from Google?:mad:

10. agroom

agroom Active Member

Same thing happening here, email won't update. I first noticed GV wouldn't update unless I went into it and refreshed. Now mail won't update either.

I've checked, doubled checked, checked again and quadruple checked that all the accounts are setup to sync. Cleared out the cache as many people suggested. Only now it says there's no emails at all and "waiting to sync."

Um...really?