sync circle icon in notification barGeneral

Last Updated:

1. eske

eske Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just curious

anyone noticed that sometimes the circular sync icon is on the right hand side of the notification bar (beside bluetooth or wifi)

and other times

it's on the left hand side

wondering what the difference represents?

not annoying me - just curious

Advertisement
  2. Sereniity

Sereniity Well-Known Member

I don't think it means anything it's just fighting for space in the notification bar I believe, could be wrong, just taking my experience from the iPhone as that's what it used to do.

3. eske

eske Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

maybe you're right ... I'm not sure

4. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

I've noticed this too, and have been watching my phone to try to understand what's going on.

The icons on the right are, according to the HD manual, "Status Icons" and I've seen that the sync icon appears here, for instance, when the phone is syncing with online accounts, as defined in Settings > Accounts & Sync. I think some other processes also bring up this icon and, although I'm not sure of this, these seem to be the things that are closely tied into the Android/HTC operating system.

The icons on the left are "Notification Icons". This is the area where applications put their icons. So, if I'm right, this is where any applications you've installed (or that aren't integral to Android) that do a periodic sync will place the sync icon.

Some of this is conjecture, but it seems to make sense.

5. Brewster0101

Brewster0101 Well-Known Member

Syncing with HTC Sense maybe, or facebook or what ever accounts you have set up to sunc with.