Sync Contact

Last Updated:

1. Marrina

Marrina New Member This Topic's Starter

I have 1 contact that won't sync. Let me give you the history. The person was a contact and it worked fine on my phone. Then I tried to make them a facebook friend. This didn't work because they don't use it enough. So I removed the friend request as it was never approved. I did not have Droid set to sync up with facebook. But after I removed them from facebook, google will no longer sync this contact. I have tried to recreate the contact from scratch, but this hasn't helped. I would like this contact to sync but I'm unsure how to make it happen. I don't have a problem with any other contact... just this one. Please help.

Advertisement
  2. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

I had one do that and I ended up deleting it from the phone and logging onto my gmail account and creating it there. Worked fine after that.

3. Marrina

Marrina New Member This Topic's Starter

That actually didn't work for me sadly. I just figured it out, after about a month of searching through forums and the web with no luck.

The contact was getting combined with my sister in law. One was Elizabeth, one was Beth... same last name but all of the other contact info was different. Once I put a maiden name in the middle, it separated the contacts and showed both. Super weird I think.

4. antwonjenkins

antwonjenkins Well-Known Member

better than what my phone does. Mine randomly (almost monthly) deletes ALL my contacts and call logs! It is incredibly annoying to then figure out how to re-import them and reassign contact photos only for who knows how long till it all gets wiped again some magical way. only thing that annoys me about my droid.