Sync contacts and calendar with extra google accountSupport

Last Updated:

1. nasht00

nasht00 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Droid, and my friend just got a Samsung Epic, so I am trying to show him things.

He has a google account (not a gmail account, not a google apps - a Google account with his own email address). He wants to sync his contacts and calendar.

On my Droid, I go to accounts & sync > add account > Google > enter my address and password.
    I get offered to sync Calendar and/or Contacts, by clicking on the check box.

On his Epic, he adds the account, but there are no options, no check boxes!

Is this different somehow?

It works fine with his gmail, but not his generic Google account.
    On my Droid it all works fine and everything is in sync.

Advertisement
  2. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

After you add the account. You should be able to select the account by tapping on the account in the "Accounts and sync settings" page under the "manage accounts" (contacts>menu>accounts). I assume that is what you are trying. The fact that it is a Google account is something I'm not too familiar with. Another option maybe to try to sync contacts between the gmail account that is on the phone with the Google mail account. Setting this up on the gmail website, not sure if that is an option, but an idea.

Have you tried adding the account under the Gmail app? Not sure if it is possible, but another idea. A assume when you say he has account that is powered google but is like mail@hisname.com?

3. nasht00

nasht00 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yes that is what I am trying.
    I know I could move my contacts and calendar to a gmail, but that's not the ideal.
    I can't figure it out.
    On the Motorola Droid with the same account credentials it works perfectly, and I can choose to sync Calendar and Contacts.
    On the Samsung, there is nothing!