1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sync contacts from X10 to Gmail

Last Updated:

1. Blackvibes

Blackvibes Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

This sync way is a little different. I've set up a sync from Gmail to my Xperia X10, but I want it backwards too. Just when I'm hanging with friends and meet new ones.. I add them to my phone. But If I want to mail them from my home computer.. I want to manage the contacts directly from my Gmail. So when it does not sync backwards, I cannot.

Any way I can sync the contacts from my Phone to Gmail?

Advertisement
  2. pangzilulu

pangzilulu New Member

Seems to be a strange question. Some people (like me) just wanna have Sync them from Gmail to phone...

3. Blackvibes

Indeed, that is what is most important.. But I'm lazy to go to Gmail first and add contacts there and let them sync to my phone.. ;P

4. apolloFER

apolloFER Well-Known Member

After you sync contacts on your phone go to:
    www.google.com/contacts
    There you can decide which of your contacts will appear in Gmail and which will not. I know that as soon as I make a change on my phone, the change appears in Gmail when I try to send a mail to that person.

5. Blackvibes

So I just noticed.. Not directly but within 2 hours (For me this time) it adds phone contacts to Gmail. :) I added a fake contact in my phone and it just showed up @ gmail :) So it does sync back. Great! =)

But.. Whether they appear in your Gmail contacts or not.. So you've said.. How I do? Everyone who I ever sent an Email to appears in my contactbook of my phone. How I change this?

Thank you!

6. apolloFER

apolloFER Well-Known Member

On your phone, in the contact book, options (or something like that) you have the option to select which contact groups to display. You just have to select My Contacts only (you can see on the web in which folder your phone contacts are, it's usually My Contacts).
    They appear after a couple of hours because you rely on autosync. If you sync manually after you add a contact, it will appear then.

7. KazR

KazR New Member

how did you get it to sync from gmail to phone? I have the opposite problem to you, (I assme you have solved it by now!)