Sync Contacts.. service unavailable?Support

Last Updated:

1. vapostol

vapostol New Member This Topic's Starter

is anyone else getting this? my g1 cant seem to sync my contacts - it indicates "service is down and will be back shortly"

is anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
  2. dballz

dballz Well-Known Member

I had the same problem but I then realized I didn't need to use the sim card that came in the box I just need to use my old cell sim card

3. Spyral

Spyral Member

Wouldn't hurt to use the new SIM card if yours is over 8-12 months old. People fail to realize that SIM cards wear out over time, especially if you use your phone a lot. It doesn't cost anything to have it changed either, feel fortunate you got a SIM card in your box for free... they go for $20 at the T-Mo stores. Just call customer service and tell them you'd like to switch to a new SIM card that you already have, and they will ask for certain numbers from the card. :)

4. aad4321

aad4321 Guest

Guys, hes talking about the app synccontacts for exchange. I am having a lot of problems with it too, i hope they release an update so it will work.

5. dballz

dballz Well-Known Member

Well actually I'm just holding onto it as a extra card just incase my old one dies. But I might have to use it to activate MyFavs feature. I'm debating whether or not to switch from a standard plan to myfavs

Are you talking about taking your contacts from Outlook or Outlook express? If you are then you have to export your contacts to a CSV format then upload those contact to your gmail account. It's real easy takes about 2 minutes. You might have to edit some of your contacts Gmail seems like it requires first and last name so if you only have a first name or just one name on a contact when you import it to g-mail it's going to appear as only the phone number, e-mail, or IM screenname. Do a search on Google