• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync Contacts With Facebook Account

brettlewis

Android Expert
Nov 3, 2009
Arizona
My sister just got the HTC thunderbolt and I was helping her set it up when I ran into a problem. On my droid incredible It was pretty easy to go into a contract from my previous phone and select what I wanted to link it to, be it a gmail account, a facebook account, or even both. On the HTC Thunderbolt I don't seem to have that option. The auto link works fine, but some don't link and I don't have the option to link contacts to anything it seems unless it detects a possible match.

Any Ideas?

If you go into your contacts there should be a picture of a globe on the bottom that has all of your online directories (twitter, facebook etc.) If your phone doesn't automatically link them because the names aren't identical, go into the contact click link and then choose what program you want to link them through and then it will give you all the people you are connected with and you can choose to match them. I know what you mean because some of my contacts facebooks name are different than what they are listed as in my phonebook.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones