sync contacts with gmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. hophilip

hophilip New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

i switched from iphone to the galaxy s recently. my contacts used to be saved in my sim card that i transferred over to the new phone. However, i am not able to find an option to sync these existing contacts with my gmail. anyone can tell me how to do that please?

Any new contacts that i create in galaxy s can be synced with gmail. i just can't sync the existing ones.

Advertisement
  2. Drg7

Drg7 Member

I have already posted about this problem here (see point 3), but nobody came up with an answer, so I suppose that synchronization between phone and gmail contacts is not possible.

3. hophilip

hophilip New Member This Topic's Starter

it is possible. i found out a way.

1.firstly backup all your contacts to the sdcard
    2. import back the same contacts to the phone, choose the group as gmail
    3. now you will have duplicate contacts in your contacts listing
    4. allow your phone to sync to gmail first
    5. log into your gmail account from a computer and delete the duplicate contacts

4. Drg7

Drg7 Member

Although this may work, it is not synchronization, since it is not continuous and it is done manually. Moreover, I have 400+ contacts and I don't have either the time or the will to perform this task every now and then. What I did for me is to completely discard all the phone's contacts, which I deleted, and I'm now working only with gmail contacts who synchronize with the server both ways all day long