Sync E-Mail between Thunderbird and Andriod

1. TimTDP

TimTDP Member

I am looking for an app that will sync data between Android and Mozilla\'s Thunderbird\'s e-mail client. Data that needs to be syncronised includes:
    * e-mail (multiple e-mail address's)
    * contacts
    * tasks
    * events

E-mails must include received, sent, deleted, drafts

It needs to be both both ways:
    Android -> Thunderbird
    Thunderbird -> Android

It must support multiple devices. (I have a desktop, smart phone and tablet and all need to be syncronised)

I am happy to pay!

BTW, I have thought of using IMAP instead of POP to keep e-mails in sync. But, as far as I know, IMAP only works for received e-mails and not for sent e-mails.

Advertisement
  2. TimTDP

TimTDP Member

After 55 reads and no replies, am I to assume that what I am requesting is:
    * not doable
    * too complicated
    * has no commercial value

I have searched this topic this for weeks, and judging by the number of simillar requests I simply cannot believe no-one has taken up the challange!

I can only conclude that I must return to Windows and use BirdieSync which does the job. So much for my brief relationship with Android!
  3. reagnon

reagnon Member

I'm creating AirConnect, a WiFi sync app. It will have outlook support upon launch. If i have any time left before my deadlines, i"ll try to include it.
    TimTDP likes this.
  4. TimTDP

TimTDP Member

Please include Thunderbird
    I am happy to pay for the app!
  5. reagnon

reagnon Member

I will offer the app for free but i'm looking for people to test the app while in alpha state, If you'd want to do that for me i'll see what i can do.

(check this post)
  6. TimTDP

TimTDP Member

I can test, but only with Thunderbird. I don't use Outlook
  7. reagnon

reagnon Member

Thunderbird and file sync... i'd be happy with that (it might take some time before i can do thunderbird, file sync will be done first...) you can check progress on dev.air-connect.net and i'll send you a pm when the app is ready for testing.