Sync errors - gmail

Last Updated:

1. gmats

gmats Member This Topic's Starter

Device:Motorola Droid
    Carrier:Verizon
    Country / Language:US
    OS / Browser / build number (if applicable): Droid 2.0.1

Sync icon is up (top right corner) and never seems to go away. This seems to drain my battery really quick. I've gone to Settings => Accounts & Sync and see two accounts to sync - gmail and facebook. Every once in a while (5 second periods) I see gmail syn icon go "red" for a fraction of a second and then go away. Only courses to take are: Turn off sync totally or reboot (power off and then on) phone.

"Sync is currently experiencing problem. It will back shortly" after reboot and going back to "Accounts & Sync"

Advertisement
  2. gmats

gmats Member This Topic's Starter

Help Help............please help. Still not able to sync without "errors" and will totally burn up all my battery charge............

3. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

my gmail stopped syncing this morning and my g talk is also down.

4. JediJesus

Ok my google talk now works so I'm hoping my gmail app will fix itself.

5. JediJesus

Ok I got my gmail back. I found this little help page and I followed these steps.

"no connection" gmail on Droid - Google Mobile Help

1) Go into the settings menu for the phone
    2) Choose applications
    3) Choose Manage Applications
    4) Under Manage Applications set the Filter to ALL. Not sure why this isn't the default but c'est la vie.
    5) Scroll down and choose GMail Storage
    6) Tap the botton for Clear Data
    7) Head on over into GMail and VOILA!

6. wvutdre79

wvutdre79 New Member

My phone has been endlessly syncing for about a week. I haven't been able to find a source and the Gmail fix here didn't remove the sync icon. My battery only lasts two hours. My replacement Droid came today.

7. TKazNC

TKazNC Member

Hi all, not sure if this is related. I've been using the basic email app to access my Gmail account and this morning it has started FC'ing during sync (com.android.mail process error). I've rebooted twice (powered off) and exited the app using Advanced Task Manager and the system apps manager.

Just went thru the steps above to clear data in mail and Gmail and am still getting the FC in Email app. Gmail app is working fine and I have switched to that for the time being but I prefer the regular email app. Anyone else experiencing this?

TIA

p.s. Moto Droid 2.0.1