Sync facebook contacts into HTC LegendSupport

Last Updated:

1. frankaaskov

frankaaskov New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all!

I have a problem. My new legend do not sync my Facebook contacts into the phone. I have click sync contacts under Settings-->Accounts & Sync-->Facebook for HTC sense-->Sync Contacts, but when i look in my phone book, there are no contacts from facebook.

I have also made sure that I can view the facebook contacts by clicking it in People --> Menu-->view-->Facebook (0).

What's the problem?

My phone:
    HTC Legend - Android 2.1 with HTC Sense.

Advertisement
  2. gringooo

gringooo Member

You are probably not properly logged in. I logged via Friend stream, and than I synced contacts.

3. HTClegend

HTClegend New Member

Hi! Seems like this is a problem.. I have the exact same problem myself, and it is really annoying.. I feel like I have tried everything, but I don't know. If someone could help to come up with a solution to this, it would be very much appreciated! :)

thanks in advance.

4. Rosso83

Rosso83 New Member

Also have this problem, tried everything I can think of and even had a look at a few suggestions for older HTC phones...

No matter what the phone will not sync my facebook contacts meaning I cannot link them to people in my address book.

5. ampy

ampy New Member

Try signing into the facebook for android app? So you are signing into both facebook for htc sense and facebook for android.

6. grahamdart

grahamdart New Member

try signing in with a different facebook account...

i have the same problem you have and sync works fine with a different facebook account... just not my own.

i do have a large number of contacts and someone on another thread mentioned this can cause problems.

i repeatedly get an error message that says 'com.htc.g has stopped unexpectedly'

anybody that has a solution for this prob... please reply.

p.s. yes have tried uninstalled facebook for android and htc sense from my facebook account and then resyncing...

7. Its_Red

Its_Red Well-Known Member

I to get this message and also have the same facebook syncing issue on my HTC Desire, I really hope someone has a solution to these issues.

8. hocturnalsoul

hocturnalsoul Well-Known Member

Facebook sync error fix

Go to the PEOPLE(contact list) app. Go to the Online Directories (globe) tab. Hit Facebook. You will be asked to log in to your Facebook account. Once logged in, it will show all of you contacts on your Facebook account. Go back to the full list of your contacts on the phone and try and sync.

9. grahamdart

grahamdart New Member

@hocturnalsoul...
    the prob some people are having is that facebook accounts with too many contacts will not sync...

10. ank218

ank218 Member

Okay, quick question.

Can I use the FriendStream, or the basic FB App, WITHOUT syncing FB contacts to my phone. I want to be able to check FB updates, etc. But I don't want a bunch of names/crap in my Contact/People list.

Can I choose only specific people that I want to sync with FB? Or will it Sync all FB contacts?

11. mogm

mogm New Member

Try and log out of facebook in settings/account and sync/facebook for HTC Sense, and then reboot and then log in again.

worked for me

12. kmwoo

kmwoo New Member

Ops..after I log out from HTC Sense now, i can't login. I keep getting error msg saying, "The service is currently unavailable. Do you want to try again?". i have reboot a couple of times...:(

13. mikeko879

mikeko879 Member

same... problem with me...

i was able to sync but i had to change password.. now i removed the account and there... it keeps on saying service is currently unavailable.

14. mikeko879

mikeko879 Member

anything???

15. terry_404

terry_404 New Member

Has any one figured a way around this as yet ???

I had a problem on the HTC where the phone gets stick in the hands-free mode (assumes that I have plugged the headset/mic in when I have not)... this cause me to miss calls... HTC support asked me to do a factory reset...

Factory reset did not fix the problem.. and now I cannot update Facebook contacts... WTF.... HTC support is quiet useless....

Sorted the handsfree issue by installing the Headset toggle switch from google...

16. terry_404

terry_404 New Member

hi there ...

have you managed to sort out this on your phone ??? please do let me know...
    thanks,
    Terry

17. mikeko879

mikeko879 Member

nope.. still cannot sync my facebook

18. mikeko879

mikeko879 Member

hey, i managed to log in already to facebook for htc sense.. its syncing now.