Sync Facebook Photo with Contact

Last Updated:

1. Acropolis

Acropolis Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my phone and loaded a 2.1 ROM (Damage Control v2.08). Everything seems to be working great. I went into my contacts (reloaded through MS Exchange) and noticed that some of the Facebook photos were auto linked to a contact, but some were not. I am guessing the ones that did not do not have a name that matches exactly did not load.

With the stock phone, I was able to manually select the Facebook friend I wanted to associate with my contact and it added the picture. With 2.1, when I try to manually select a Facebook contact through "Link Facebook Profile", the screen doesn't list anyone to choose from. It is just blank and says "no matches found".

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm trying to figure out how to manually link people. I can log into Facebook with no problem and everything there seems to work.

Advertisement
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Try here, and search around. It is a common problem at the moment

All Things Root (Sprint Hero) - Android Forums

3. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member

Go into DConfig (its an application). Click on banned apps. Go in there and make sure that social networking and sense are unchecked. Reboot. My fb loaded up perfectly after that. You may want to try removing and then reinstalling FB for HTC. Also make sure you don't have a memory killer running agressively. (LowMemKiller in same app on first screen. That seems to stop the sync from finishing. Good luck

4. Acropolis

Acropolis Member This Topic's Starter

Some people are showing up, others are not. When I try to manually link a Facebook profile to a contact, no names even come up to choose from. I will dig around in the rooting forum to see if there is anything there.

Several people were automatically linked and they have pictures without me having to do anything. I'm not sure if the error is with the contacts or with the FB application.

**EDIT**
    I just figured out that none of my contacts are linked to Facebook. The ones that are showing pictures have a picture on the contact in Outlook/Exchange and it was loaded from there. So I need to focus on FB connectivity for sure.