Sync Facebook Pics with contactss???-EPIC 4GSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bestorey92

Bestorey92 New Member This Topic's Starter

How do I get my contacts to have their profile pics from facebook onto their contact pages on my phone? My Hero automatically did this but my epic isnt?

Advertisement
  2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

3. Rita73

Rita73 New Member

Okay but doesn't my phone suppose to sync facebook pictures anyway?

4. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

It worked on my Evo 2.2, but not on my Epic. Some people said it works for them. I cannot get it to work no matter what I do. I'm just gonna wait til 2.2 comes out for the Epic.

5. shp13

shp13 Member

I think you have to add it to your sync list. I was trying to do the same thing and stumbled on your post.

menu>settings>acct&sync>

Then you can select facebook. It DOES give you the choice to sync events, contacts, and contact info or not (which I like). We'll see how well it works.......syncing now!

---------
    update: wow that was fast! It imported all Facebook friends as contacts w/ pics. Shows in contacts lists. It doesn't appear to have added the pics to my existing contacts who are also on FB. But readily linked a friend who's name starts w/ A to existing contact and merged the info, including her pic. BUT the pic does NOT show in my groups or gmail contacts list...Will have to mess with that.

JAKZinWI likes this.
  6. brentbarrie

brentbarrie Member

This seems to be working but the only thing I dont like is that it added all my Facebook contacts to my phone and it says the only way to delete them from my phone is to delete them from my Facebook friends.

7. shp13

shp13 Member

wow, that would be dumb, now wouldn't it??

8. Lorit

Lorit Member

mine did the same thing. I have like 3000 fb friends alot of them are for mafia wars. I have no idea who about 2700 people are now. :eek: and I cant get them off the phone.

9. cruiser771

cruiser771 Well-Known Member

heres what you can do, open up your contacts list and then hit the menu button and go to display options. at the very top, check "only contacts with phones". It took off all the facebook accounts in my contacts except those that have added their phone number to their facebook profile.

another option you might find helpful under contacts>menu is the one that says "Get friends", use it to add any new friends from facebook to your contacts as it doesnt seem to get them on its own, even with sync settings on

10. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member

I'll post this problem here and in another thread, but is anyone noticing that your calendar is showing duplicate birthdays? Does anyone know how to remove duplicate birthdays? Ive tried everything and still can't get them to be removed, every facebook birthday is either double or tripled on my calendar! SO frusterating!

11. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

Something I've noticed is that although I have my phone set up to sync with Fbook every 3 hours, if I add a friend on Fbook, they don't automatically sync to my phone. Also, if I add a contact to my phone, their facebook picture does not automatically merge with the newly added contact. To to this you must:

Go into Contacts, from the menu select Get Friends, choose Facebook, select the friends you want to add and ~voila

12. smtor

smtor New Member

Check your calender settings, if you are using the phone's "My Calender" and syncing with your gmail calender that might be the cause. You can check one or more calenders, on mine I only have my gmail calender checked.

13. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member

I did that!!!! And it still didn't work! I have only gmail checked right now--but if I check "my calendar" it shows facebook birthdays duplicates and any other events.... it's weird! Only facebook stuff though--

14. retrokick

retrokick New Member

Personally, when I returned my Evo and got this phone a few days ago, this is is what I did to get my Facebook contacts synced. After selecting the options for Facebook to sync contacts, I had to go into each contact that didn't automatically sync and link it to the Facebook contact. A bit time consuming, but after you do it once, it sticks.

Here is the problem I'm having... I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is a 2.1 vs 2.2 issue, or if it's a problem on my phone that requires a wipe. On my Evo, after I linked Facebook contacts to contacts on my phone, the Facebook picture would show up as the contact picture on my phone. In turn, when I went into messaging and send a text message to them, that picture appeared. However, the messaging on my Epic doesn't do that. All the Facebook pictures that were imported are ignored, and my messaging screen is full of blank blue placeholders. I changed one contact's picture to a gallery picture, and that shows up in the messaging list no problem. It seems odd that the contact listing would have the picture, but that it doesn't display anywhere else on the phone.

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think the Facebook pictures appear when the person calls me either. I'm not 100% sure on that though, because I get very few phone calls.

Ideas anyone? I'm hoping that since the Evo had 2.2 that maybe that's the issue, and when it gets released for the Epic that I'll be all good. But if not, I'd like to get started on resolving it...

15. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member

I had that problem too! I had to uninstall the facebook app and re-install--it worked after that. Synced all pictures to messages and calls..... facebook app on these phones are weird! I can't even change my default picture on the facebook application when I try... lame!