Sync Facebook pictures to Gmail contacts?

Last Updated: 2012-03-26 02:56:09
  1. rskadk

rskadk Member

Hi,

I tried to figure out how to syncronize my facebook contact pictures with the contacts i have on my gmail account.

I have an Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray.

I cannot figure out how to do this. It seems like the only picture which is automatically downloaded is the ones where the telephone number on facebook and contacts on my gmail match.

I tried to download program for this, but could not find anything which worked :/

What do do?

I can find several programs which can save all facebook contacts on my gmail, but this is not what i want. Further more i dont want all facebook contacts do appear on my phone.

I only want my gmail accounts linked with the facebook pictures which match them. I now i can do this manually, but this is a lot of work.

So basically i only wan't contacts saved on my gmail linked with facebook pictures.

Advertisement
  2. rskadk

rskadk Member

No one?
  3. jaycbrf4

jaycbrf4 Well-Known Member

Yes, you are correct, only the contacts whos names and numbers match your FB friends will be imported to your gmail contacts. Otherwise you have to manually join them.
  4. dockster

dockster New Member

How do you even do this manually? I'm moving over from a blackberry. with the BB Facebook App, I'd have to load my friends list, and under menu could "Link to contact" and boom, the pictures would then link also.

How can I accomplish this on my Android (Samsung Galaxy S2). I wouldn't have thought it'd be this difficult.
  5. RyanB

RyanB Guest

SyncMyPix is a free app that also links Facebook pics to names. In a worst case scenario, you can go to Facebook on a desktop to copy the picture, and paste it into their respective contact in Google. It won't update, but it's a workaround that is better than nothing. FWIW, I do this for contacts of mine that don't use Facebook, or won't sync.