Sync Facebook with Gmail

Last Updated:

1. Gnome

Gnome Member This Topic's Starter

I know facebook is kinda a pain about this but are you able to sync the photos and information from facebook to your gmail account? Anyone done it yet or tried to yet?

Advertisement
  2. Prydan2k

Prydan2k Member

I was hesitant at first, but they decided to. In facebook, I chose to only sync those that appear in my contact list. It worked perfectly. And, when I add a new contact that is also in facebook, it imports their info and pic over immediately! I have a bunch of BS friends for Mafia wars, so I was worried that they would all appear in contacts, but that isn't the case.

This also gives you the option to ping them from the contacts screen, which is what I wanted as well.

Oh, and their names have to be the same as on facebook for it to sync it.

3. Gnome

Gnome Member This Topic's Starter

IT would be nice if that info could be uploaded to Gmail

4. audiofx

audiofx Member

This feature is nice. I had played with a pre before and this is better then there messy synergy. Most recently I am coming from an iphone and I am impressed with droid so far

5. Wakey

Wakey Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "ping a contact?"

6. Bxsteez

Bxsteez Active Member

I'm actually quite disappointed with google's implementation of facebook integration. As good as their google search engine is they should be able to match contacts better or at least give you options. Too much of it is done in the background without giving u any ability to change who is liked to what facebook contact.