Sync Fascinate To Yahoo CalendarSupport

Last Updated:

1. gaspower

gaspower Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 17, 2010
    Is there anyway to sync the Fascinate to Yahoo calender? Been looking at the app store and I see nothing on it. Is it locked out to be a Google phone?

Thanks JR

2. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    It's not "locked", but I don't think anyone has bothered to make an app for the Yahoo calendar. I don't think Yahoo calendar uses a standard ical format, either, so you can't subscribe to the calendar in Google calendars.

Not quite sure what to tell you. You CAN migrate your calendar over if you want to start using google calendar. This really is primarily a Google phone, so any other option is going to be an "add-on".

Edit: Try this: Yahoo! for Android
  3. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Alright, in theory, you should be able to sync Google Calendar with your Yahoo one, which then syncs with your phone. I threw an event on Yahoo just to test it.

When viewing your Yahoo calendar, go to Options in the upper right corner and Share Calendar. Then enter the gmail account linked with your phone. This will email your gmail with the link to the calendar - you want the one that says "Add to Outlook, Apple iCal, or another calendar." Then go to here and under the Other Calendars section on the left, click Add > Add by URL and add the link from the email.

Mine seems to be stuck at importing the events - Calendar has been giving me issues today, not sure if it's Google's fault or the guys here messing with the network.