Sync FB manually - White Widow (Help needed)General

Last Updated:

1. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running White Widow 4.6 with Google Apps installed and JIT on. Not all of my FB contacts are syncing with my phone contacts. For example, my sister is not linked to any FB profile when she should be. The names match up. Most of the people are, but some aren't. I can't find a way to link it manually to her FB profile. All of my contacts sync'd fine with the stock OS.

Anybody else have this issue? Do you have a solution? I had the same problem in KaosFroyo v23 and never found a solution.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. BH3

BH3 Active Member

same thing happened to me when i ran that one....i think it's a known issue though...kaosfroyo v24 works fine with the fb sync

3. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

4. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

mistaj is right, syncmypix works fine. sometimes it does add a picture to someone that is not that person, such as Dave in my phone would be linked to a random Dave ... on my facebook.

but for future reference, this type of question should be in the White Widow thread. that way, people running that thread will also see this. It keeps things organized and we all don't have to search through 20 pages of threads like this just to find the actual White Widow ROM thread

5. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

just download facebook from the market and go into accounts and settings to sign in. its built in just like gmail.

6. Gone hiddens

Gone hiddens Member

With no manual link option, the names must be identical. I had the same problem, but syncmypix will let you manually link.

7. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought the names were identical. It turns out my sister uses her middle name as her last name on FB now, and my friend spelled his last name wrong, either on purpose or he's just that dumb.

I fixed it by changing their name in their contact. What I liked about doing it manually was that I could sync my mom and dad to their FB profile and keep them as "mom" and "dad" in my phone contact list.