Sync Files On PC

Last Updated:

1. randynef

randynef Active Member This Topic's Starter

I went to HTC's website and downloaded the program I think is needed. But when i go into it, nothing happens. Trying to put files from PC on my Hero. Any suggestions? Yes, I have Vista Business.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

HTC Sync is only useful for synchronising contact data from Outlook with the handset. To transfer files simply connect to your PC with the USB cable, "mount" the SD card via the USB Connected item in the pull-down notification bar, and then use Windows Explorer to copy the files across.

3. randynef

Thanks Slug, but still don't understand. I am looking at a handful of Word documents and Excel files. Can thsi be done?

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

1. Connect handset via USB to PC. You should get a notification, "USB Connected".

2. Pull down the notification bar and select "USB connected". Confirm "mount" at the pop-up.

3. The SD card will now be available as a drive in Windows Explorer. Depending on the 'Autorun' settings on your PC it may even open in a window automatically.

4. To copy the files simply drag them from their existing folder on the PC to the SD card.

5. When finished, select "Turn off USB connected" and confirm "unmount" before disconnecting the handset.

5. randynef

i am knot getting that notification. It makes the sound, so I know I am connected. Where else can i find the info you mentined in #1 and #2?

6. Malgiliath

Malgiliath Active Member

#1 & #2 are shown at the very top of your screen where there is the images of the signal strength battery life and clock...etc
    You will see a little USB style icon.

1. Drag down the top bar where the notification is shown in the same manner as you do to swap screens.
    2. Select the "USB connected" notification.
    3. On the pop up note select "Mount"
    Use you phone through windows explorer to move files to where ever you need to like a normal usb stick.

Now the important bit.
    Once you have finished sorting your files you MUST unmount the phone so you do not lose any data.
    This is just the reverse of the steps above except the message for step 2 is "Turn off USB storage" and the pop up says "Turn off".

Hope this helps :)

7. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

One more thing you need to be aware of. The Quickoffice app on the Hero will only read Office 2003 and earlier files - it can't handle docx and xlsx format documents. So need to save as Word 2003 files in order to be able to read it.