1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sync G1 with Kontact?

Last Updated:

1. tarahmarie

tarahmarie New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, all:

I'm a Linux user (Kubuntu), and I use Kontact as my PIM suite. Does anyone know how to sync my Google Reader feeds, my Google Contacts, my To-do lists, and other such information with my G1?

Advertisement
  2. ERamseth

ERamseth Member

Google contacts should sync automatically with the contacts feature of the G1.

There are other (aka, not google reader) RSS readers for G1, but you might want to also give the mobile version of the google reader website a try. I think if you just go there from your phone it will automatically send you to the mobile version. There is no Google reader App for android (yet?).

If your to-do lists are held in ics files, your best bet is probably to migrate from just Kontact to ToodleDo or Remember The Milk (toodledo.com / rmilk.com) to manage your to-do lists online. Both of these sites have nice mobile interfaces (I prefer ToodleDo) and both can sync with TooDo, which is an Android app (available in the market) for working with to-do lists/task lists. It is improving in leaps and bounds. Some find the interface cumbersome, but there is a promised overhaul in the works (http://edouardmercier.fr/toodo/news-and-events for updates).