Sync HTC device with Outlook AND Google CalendarSupport

Last Updated:

1. vletoh

vletoh New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to sync a calendar of a HTC Android device with Outlook AND Google Calendar? I explicitly mention "a calendar" and "a HTC Android device" since this seems to be a general problem.

I installed HTC Sync 3.0 and managed to get Outlook Calendar items from Outlook to the HTC Wildfire. Frustratingly HTC Sync creates a new Calendar on my phone called "PC Sync". So all the items go there. Since this is a new calendar not a single calendar item from my phone goes to Outlook. When I move or create appointments in this new category, they also appear in Outlook. Though this category issue is annoying, the most annoying is that these appointments do not appear in Google Calendar. The new category is simply not there. I suspect "HTC Sync" is a special local category like "My Calendar" is.

HTC obviously doesn't quite understand what "synchronization" means and what customers want. Unbelievable that HTC creates its own category where by default there is only one-way synchronization. Not to speak from synchronization from the phone and Google Calendar. Does anyone have an idea how to get Outlook and Google Calendar synchronized via my HTC device?

Advertisement
  2. puce

puce New Member

I use Google Calendar Sync with Outlook. This sync with my google calendar. On my Desire, I sync with google agenda.
    Everything is ok, except if I put multiple meetings via google website.

I use Outlook 2007 pro, Windows 7 64bits and HTC Desire