• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sync icon is stuck after root

I've unrooted and I'm doing a factory reset now. I'm going to root again to see if I can isolate the cause of this issue.

I was thinking of a clean start. Reminds me of doing a clean install on my PC :D I think it had something to do with the backup restore. Nothing I can prove I just have a feeling.

I think I'll wait for my replacement and start from there. It doesn't seem its really syncing so it's not killing the battery. So unless I get bored I think I'll leave it for now.

Let me know if you nail it down though

Upvote 0
Ok I'm almost 100% sure that this has to do with restoring from Titanium backup. This problem came up when I installed 2.2. If you're having this problem, I would suggest doing a factory reset then restoring individual applications rather than doing a restore of all apps and system data.

You are correct, don't restore system data with TiBa and the icon will not stick. Just missing apps and data batch. I had the same problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones