Sync icon won't go away

Last Updated:

1. borderless

borderless Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since this afternoon, the sync icon (Arrows that point to each other and form a circle) won't go away.

I'm not sure if it's doing anything. I even tried turning sync off altogether but it won't go away.

Tried shutting down twice.

Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

It would help if you told us where, on the phone, you're seeing the synch icon animation, and what accounts and apps you are using that require sync. If its for email, try changing the sync schedule to something other than 1 minute.

3. borderless

Here's a picture (a shame there's no screenshot app and I have to use my iPhone to take the picture;).

I have gmail, facebook and Touchdown in the sync account settings. But I've disabled all of them and the icon still doesn't go away. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

4. borderless

bump.. anyone?

5. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

it's a bug with the beta touchdown- they are working fast and furious on beta updates. Supposedly next one will be out tonight.

there's a google group for nitrodesk touchdown- you might want to join if you are fiddling with their beta software.

6. borderless

Thanks.. I am part of that google group but somehow missed it. Thank you for the reply. I'll wait for tonight's update.

Is the fact that the sync icon is up there doing anything (draining battery, etc)? Or is it strictly cosmetic?

7. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

not sure- sorry. I suspect purely cosmetic related to the sync being one way only inthe current beta, supposedly the next version will be 2 way.

if you check the battery use in settings-about phone from the home screen (or actually you can put a bookmark on your home page to that setting page)- you can see if touchdown seems excessive. A couple beta's OK it was eating my battery. At the moment I'm on the latest release from the market and it typically is around 2% of battery use throughout the day.

(sorry I can't tell you about current beta's battery use- I NEED good email during the week so on monday morning i went back to the stable version- tomorrow night I'll be kicking the latest beta's tires- hopefully it's nice and purdy.)