Sync IssueSupport

1. wps61

wps61 New Member

I have a bit of a weird problem. Not sure if it is the phone, but perhaps somebody has experienced this problem aswell.

We have just taken an Ace Plus in use. The weird thing is that when connected to our office wifi the phone cannot sync. Our other phones (S plus and Ace) sync just fine. As far as I can tell all phones have the same settings.
    The phone syncs fine on other wifi networks, just aslong as it is not the office wifi.

Our office network does allow the webserver address being accessed. (otherwise the other phones would not sync)

Anybody has any pointers? Since the other phones work fine, I feel I have to find the solution on the Ace Plus.

Cheers,
    Wim

Advertisement
    :
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Are your signal bars white/grey or are they colored (green/blue) depending on Android version?
  3. wps61

wps61 New Member

Not quite sure what you mean with signal bars, but I can confirm wifi is on. (I can access internet via the browser) The quick on/off button is green, and in the top bar there is the white wifi icon. The mobilie connect icon (the two up and down arrows are not shown then).

According to the user he cannot sync on his home wifi either.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

The white signal bars indicate that the device is connected to the wifi access point but is unable to connect to google's servers (and therefor sync). It's odd that other devices can connect but the Ace Plus cannot. Let me think on it.
  5. wps61

wps61 New Member

I do not sync with google btw, only with our office mail server.