Sync issues today 6/3/10General

Last Updated:

1. rxfilr

rxfilr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone noticed their phone trying to sync today but having errors? Phone battery drained from this morning to noon, and the phone is noticeably warm to the touch. It was fine yesterday, seems to have started sometime late last night or this morning. I'm in Northeast Ohio area.

Advertisement
  2. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

No from Colorado... Everything seems to be going pretty well with my phone today. I think it's trying to prove to me it can behave now that it's going back to Verizon...

3. rxfilr

It looks like the Google contacts sync just keeps looping, saying "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" Anyone else see this before, if so how corrected? I have to turn contacts sync off so phone cools off and battery quits draining.

4. rxfilr

If I "remove account" (google) on Eris will that remove all my Google data on Googles servers also? I want to remove account then add it back again without loosing info. Best/safest way to accomplish this.

5. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

This won't be very helpful, but I did have that problem a couple months ago. It just kept syncing eternally, burning up the battery like crazy, until I had to turn off the sync.

The unhelpful part is, I don't remember how I got it to stop. I think that it just stopped on it's own after a frustrating day. I did post on it at the time, so I'll try to search my own posts.

6. rxfilr

Thanks. I just have the contacts sync off now and phone running fine. Will turn it back on tomorrow see what happens or maybe I will clear defaults on the contacts app.

7. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

8. rxfilr

9. rxfilr

Ok, fixed it. I cleared contact data on phone, then re-synced and viola, it's fixed. (for now) Side note: the only thing I did different yesterday was update launcherpro beta to 0.4.1, and did try and fix a couple of contacts on the phone. Oh well probably will never know.