Sync issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. defrost

defrost New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have any insight on this?

The other day my wife dragged me to see that horrible vampire movie, you know the one where he sparkles. Ugh. Anyway, we went straight from the house and I had just taken my phone off the charger. When we left the movie, my battery was almost dead and I noticed the sync icon was on the top of the phone and would not go away. I went crazy trying to find the offending app, and finally found that it was my gmail contacts. In the "sync" section of the settings, I noticed one of my gmail accounts was trying to sync over and over. it would initiate sync, have a problem, initiate sync again. I unchecked the contact sync for that account and have not had the problem since.

My issue, obviously, is that now I can't sync my contacts with that account. I have restarted the phone, but have not done a hard reset yet, with no luck. Has anyone else encountered similar issues, or heard of this happening? And of course, I am blaming my wife for the whole mess - I never should have gone to that horrible, horrible movie.

Advertisement
  2. tdfulk

tdfulk Member

I cant really think of anything to help you out, if your mail is syncing but not your contacts it doesnt really make sense. Maybe remove the account and set it up new?

3. defrost

defrost New Member This Topic's Starter

I tried that, and it said I couldn't because it says "This account is required by some applications. You can only delete it be resetting your phone to factory defaults." Which I was going to do, but figured I would see if someone here had heard of that happening before. Very Strange.

4. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience with Peep. Peep continued to sync the direct messages constantly throwing up the same notification of the same tweet even after rebooting the phone. When I sent a test direct message it broke the sync cycle and everything was OK.
    Maybe try adding a new contact on your phone to see if that will break the sync cycle. You can always delete the ficticious contact afterward.